Sunday, September 16, 2012

What kind of reader are you?

This article discovered via Flipboard, an awesome app for Ipad
First and foremost, writers are readers. This fun little guide from The Atlantic Wire breaks down reading habits and offers tongue-in-cheek book recommendations. Although it doesn't dive into the correlation between reading and writing, I bet you'll find a way to see how your reading style influences your writing habits if you think through it.

I'm a Delayed Onset Reader #1. Read the definition here. This probably indicates my perfectionism when it comes to my own writing as well as my issues with time management. Reverence is a form of procrastination! :)

What type of reader are you? How does your reading style impact your writing style?  Be sure to post your answers in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a Bookophile Delayed-Onset Reader #1 who goes through the actual reading like a MultiTasker. Is that too complex?

    I just love books!

    ~:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also got, from the update at the bottom of the page, a bit of the Book Swagger, I'm a recovering The All-the-Timer/Compulsive/Voracious/Anything Goes Reader (mostly because I have less time than I did when I was a kid...)

      Look, they have one: I'm The "It's Complicated" Reader!

      ~:D

      Delete
  2. I forgot about the addendum page. I'm a "Sharer"...except I don't let people physically borrow books anymore, because they either get damaged (like the guy who drenched the book in coffee) or they just don't come back (too many to list).

    Although I do have a good friend who knows I love books like children. So maybe I'll only loan to him. Not only does he return books, but if he loses or destroys them, he replaces them automatically and gives me the new copy.

    That, readers, is an example of a good book friend. And probably a rarity.

    ReplyDelete